What's included in the cover


  • Fire

  • Flood

  • Storm

  • Theft

  • Vandalism

  • Water damage

  • Temporary accommodation

  • Essential temporary repairs

  • Legal liability

Not Included

  • Home (choose from Home or Home and Contents cover)

  • Accidental damage

  • Portable contents away from home (optional benefit)

  • Contents in storage (optional benefit)

  • Contents at student accommodation (optional benefit)

Optional Benefits

Accidental damage insurance

Standard cover only includes accidental damage to glass. To extend this cover to include other items, upgrade by adding the Accidental Damage optional extra.

Insuring Contents in storage

Insurance cover for your belongings in storage.

Insuring contents at student accommodation

An extra cover for your belongings in your student accommodation.

Domestic Workers Compensation

Covers the cost of compensation if someone’s injured working in your home (Not available in all States or Territories. Refer to the PDS).

Portable contents insurance

An optional extra that covers your valuable items like your mobile phone, laptop and jewellery away from home, either in Australia and New Zealand or Worldwide. You can cover specific items or choose a limit.

Bicycle insurance cover

Added protection for bike lovers, at home and when you’re cycling.

home general content

Ways to save

Want more value from your home and contents insurance? Consider:

  • Flexible excess - Increase or decrease your excess to suit your needs
  • Pay up front - Pay less when you choose an annual premium
  • Security discount- Save money when you fit security devices that meet our minimum standards like alarms and deadlocks
  • Over 50s discount - Pay a lower premium if you’re over 50
Home Prestige

Home Prestige

Want the added peace of mind that comes with our highest level of cover? With Home Prestige you’ll enjoy a range of extra benefits, including accidental damage cover, higher limits across selected items and cover for contents outside the home (if you’re insuring your contents). You can choose our Prestige cover for your home, your contents, or opt for a combined home and contents policy.

Find out more

Renters insurance

Ten great unknown things about renters insurance

Tenants are responsible for their own belongings at the property they’re renting. Renter’s insurance – also known as contents insurance – means you can make a claim for the costs to replace lost, stolen or damaged belongings or negligent damage to another person’s property. .



Does renters insurance cover that? 10 FAQs answered

Here are the answers to some of the most common things people want to know about renters or contents insurance and explain what is and isn’t covered.

Insurance calculators

Contents insurance calculator

It’s easy to underestimate the cost of replacing your belongings. Our insurance calculator will help you choose the right level of cover (your m insured).

Contents cover - Frequently Asked Questions

You’re covered for loss or damage caused by ‘defined events’. For details of these events, refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and your Policy Schedule.
Not automatically. This is an option you can select at an additional cost.
Your carpets and blinds are covered by your contents insurance.

There are certain limits for particular high risk items. If you have an item that exceeds this limit, you need to specifically list the item on your policy. We’ll usually need valuations, receipts or serial numbers as proof of ownership in the event of a claim. You’ll find more information about this in the Product Disclosure Statement and your Policy Schedule.

There are two types of specified items. ‘Specified contents’ are items covered inside your home. It doesn’t cost extra to specify these on your policy.

‘Specified portable contents’ items have additional cover away from home if you choose this option. For more information on the limits that apply to your policy, refer to your Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Schedule.

No. To protect your personal valuables away from home, you'll need to opt for Portable Contents insurance. This covers accidental loss or damage anywhere in Australia and New Zealand, and can be extended to include worldwide cover.
Yes. For more information, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement and your Policy Schedule.
If your property is furnished you’ll be covered if you’re away for up to 60 days. If your property is unfurnished, you’ll be covered for up to 30 days. If your property will be unoccupied for a longer period you’ll need to contact us. Other restrictions on cover may apply. You’ll find more information about this in the Product Disclosure Statement and your Policy Schedule.
Our home insurance calculator can help you to assess the value of your contents.

The advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. You should ensure you obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the policy before you make any decision to acquire it.

Need more help?

Call us at 133 723

Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 8am-1:30pm (AEST)